Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Great American Aran Afghan

Just before Xmas I received a knitting book through the mail. The Great American Aran Afghan. Many years ago I'd made myself an aran jumper and loved the style. I couldn't go passed this book. I also got one for mum - The Great North American Afghan.


I am keen to start but am having trouble finding a suitable yarn. Here in Australia you can't get the Plymouth Encore as stated in the book. I could get it by mail order from the USA but it would be over AU$300 which is too much. In the end I ordered 100% pure Australian wool from the Bendigo Woollen Mills. I just hope that the Plymouth Encore Worsted is equal to an Australian 8ply. All up it was AU$123 and free postage! Now I just have to wait until it gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment