Monday, January 5, 2009

Hot Hot day

OMG it was sooo hot today. I didn't get to see the weather on the news because it was just too hot in the loungeroom but it was around 35C. This unit has NO aircon, ceiling fans or anything. The two bedrooms - the main and the computeroom - get the full afternoon sun and are like a sauna. Acually the whold place is like a sauna. I was out for a while this morning and when I got back the unit was very warm. Dudley and I spent most of the afternoon flat out on the bathroom floor, the tiles were about the coolest room in the unit.

I sent the real estate agent an email asking for aircon for the lounge area and ceiling fans and/or outdoor roller blinds for the bedrooms to get some relief. I can start work anytime between midnight and 5am so on some days I go to bed late afternoon/early evening. It's just not possible in this heat. And to think we are only one month into summer! I have a few more months of this to come. Tomorrow is expected 37C.

When I first moved into this place two months ago I requested a TV antenna because there was not one and I get very poor reception. A couple of months have passed and I am still waiting...... That was something I also mentioned in my email to the agent. The other two units both have outdoor antennas and one even has aircon!

1 comment:

Bryn Jones said...

I forgot that it is summer in December in Australia! Perhaps one day I might get to visit. Good luck with the air conditioning!

Post a Comment