Thursday, January 22, 2009

GAAA - Square 2 finished

Well, I've finished my second square. It started out a little strange where I had to increase 3 into one stitch and do that 4 times in one row. It would have been better to Inc 1 (twice) at regular places along the row. The first couple of rows of the pattern didn't seem to work for me but I prefer to work from the instructions and not the graph. If I had looked at the graph I would have seen that the first three rows included a moss stitch. It did get rather confusing at times because some graphs had different number of rows to complet it and I had to keep track of what number row I was up to on each. Eg. at one point I was on: Graph A row 23, Graph B row 19, Graph C row 41 (this graph started at B23) and Graph A row 1 (this one started out as A21). Confusing?

Both the squares I've finished have been too long but only just (with a slight stretch) make the 12" top and bottom. As you can see it's a little bunched up.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful. I am enjoying watching your progress. Work has been busy and I haven't gotten to starting yet. Great job.

Quilter300 said...

Thanks for sharing your photos and information. It is helpful to be able to see the progress of others in this extraordinary project.

Post a Comment