Friday, January 16, 2009

It's arrived

My wool has finally arrived and I can now start my Aran Afghan!


I phoned them yesterday just to see why it was taking so long, after all it has been 10 days since they processed the order. They said that it was out of stock and my order had been shipped the day before. So I guess that two days from Melbourne to here is pretty good going.

Yesterday was over 40C, what a hot day. I ended up emailing the real estate agent again asking for aircon. Why is it that the other two units (there's only three here) both have aircon and not me? The unit was a hot box by the time I got home from work about 12.30pm. I filled up the portable air cooler with water and ice but it just blew out hot air. It blows out what it sucks in. I tried the pedestool fan but it just circulates the hot air in the room so it didn't help either. I gave Dudley a cold bath and we spent some time on the bathroom floor. A southerly change came through about 7pm, by the time I went to bed the room was cool again. I opened up the windows and let the breeze just come on in for a pleasent night until....

One of the guys next door and some of his friends decided to get a small motorbike out of the garage (the wall common with my bedroom) and take it to a reserve two doors down to do laps..... at 2.50am! My alarm is set for 4.15am so I wasn't planning to be woken up that early.

No comments:

Post a Comment